Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I'm a sucker...

for kitchen gadgets!




I may have the best stocked kitchen per square foot in Minneapolis. I have enjoyed cooking since the 4th grade and consequently have been amassing kitchen "power tools" and gadgets for a number of years. As a sophomore in college I had a griddle and espresso machine in my dorm room. I have found that the joy of cooking is increased all the more by having the right gadgets and tools. This passed weekend my wife bought me some egg rings that have revolutionized my egg frying. I can fry bacon and eggs in the same pan or on the same griddle without either of them affecting the other. These rings are not complex, but they sure are effective. For all of you who do not like to cook, go out and by a new gadget. Just like those who buy new running shoes to motivate their fitness aspirations, half hearted chefs can jump start their culinary adventures with a simple gadget purchase. Trust me, you won't regret it!

1 comment:

Jess :) said...

Sweet!! I want some of those egg rings!! I love making round eggs for breakfast sandwiches. Where did she end up getting those...Williams-Sonoma? Were they part of your "Care Package" prior to Nikks leaving? You lucky duck! Seriously, though, I do want to know where she got them!!

Hope things are going well with the kiddos! I would love to come over and help, but the 4.5 hr. drive puts a small damper on that, huh?!