Friday, December 12, 2008

Meat Fest.


"If God didn't want us to eat meat, then why did he make it taste so good?" This is a profound statement! Yesterday I was able to partake in a "meat fest" to celebrate a close friend's birthday. I was introduced to the goodness of FOGO, a Brazilian steak house, last year on my birthday and have been raving about it ever since. I consider it pure joy to sit down to a table where men bring charred meat to my plate on a sword like skewer. They do not simply have one or two choices of meat, oh no! They have a variety of cuts of beef, lamb, pork, and chicken seasoned any way you could think of and then cooked over an open fire. Bacon wrapped filets, parmesan crusted pork tenderloin, the list just goes on and on and on! You control the meat flow by simply flipping a little cardboard circle from green to red or vice versa. I just wonder how much meat your body can actually process? We weighed in before and after our lunch and I gained 5 lbs. That is right, 5 lbs! Now granted, I did eat some off of the delectable salad bar, but the majority was straight meat. I will not be darkening the door of FOGO on a regular basis, but it sure is a wonderful place to celebrate with friends. The only thing better than the meat that graces your lips is the conversation and fellowship that you are able to share with those at your table. Your meal at FOGO is not just a meal, it is an experience. Those of you who are meat lovers or know a meat lover, check out your local FOGO for the next big occassion. You will not be disapointed.

1 comment:

Halie Jo said...

This sounds gross. I am from NE and I love beef, but this is just insanity.