Thursday, July 10, 2008

What gets you out of bed?


So the question I have been pondering over the last week is...what gets you out of bed in the morning? As I was home over the 4th of July I could not wait to roll out of bed at 5:30 am to hit the lake for some skiing, but others were not nearly as excited. Some think I am nuts that I roll out of bed before the sun is up to log a 15-20+ mile run on my day off. So what is it that gets you up in the morning? Is it the smell of pancakes and bacon? A early morning hike in the woods? Glassy water on the lake? Your running shoes? Quiet time with the Lord? Your workout partner? Maybe it is, "Mommy/Daddy can we get up?" For some of you it is probably needing to use the facilities! Is it fresh powder on the mountain? WORK? Every morning that my alarm goes off and I attempt to shake the fog out of my head I think about why it is that I am not simply staying cozy under my covers in dreamland. I am certain that getting up before our bodies are physically ready to be done sleeping is not the best thing from a health standpoint, but lets face it, it is necessary. So what gets you out of bed in the morning? Maybe it is the biting walleye on the lake? Or the thirty point buck awaiting you in the woods? The next time you pull yourself out of bed before it is even remotely wise, cherish what it is that causes you to leave the friendly confines of your warm soft bed and know that I am right there with you!

1 comment:

Eddo said...

Yo, dude, you have a blog. Suh-weet. I've been an avid blogger now since 2001. It's awesome. It's like an online diary and a place to keep all kinds of things that I find humorous, share photos with friends and family and discuss my beliefs.

What gets me out of bed? Just the fact that I have another day to be better than I was the day before.